Our ServicesPATIENTS & Caregivers
Below you will find answers to most of your questions.
What we do
A stroke is a life-changing event.
Reversing its effects can be one too.
We can’t undo the stroke but we can help with the process of recovery.
The products and services offered by IRegained address the physical rehabilitation needs (primarily hand function) of people who sustained a brain injury caused by a stroke or accident and were left with an impaired ability to use their hands
Restoring hand function
IRegained MyHandTM System,
The current prototype,
Representative Image (the commercial device may vary)
MyHandTM is a passive hand function training device, that targets neuroplastic changes in the brain. It uses two simple tablet based graphical interfaces; one for the clinician and one for the patient.
The primary focus of the MyHandTM device is to help restore voluntary hand function in patients who suffer from hand function disability.
MyHandTM system is comprised of:
- The MyHandTM device
- Easy to use tablet interfaces for each of the patient and the clinician
- 16 proprietary hand training protocols (such as picking up and holding a cup) embedded into the device software that target various important life skills hand function tasks
MyHandTM System – Therapeutics
The elements that enhance therapy delivery are:
- Patient-clinician participation
- Ease of use for both clinician and patient
- Ability to track progress (both clinician and patient specific information are presented)
- Ready to use out of the box
- Affordable, accessible and portable
The MyHandTM system offers finger cups in various sizes to accommodate a patient’s specific finger and thumb size. In addition, the cup orientation can be controlled to accommodate for patient specific abilities.
IRegained MyHandTM System: Finger insertion module
Representative Image (the commercial device may vary)
What We Can Do For You
The products offered by IRegained address the physical rehabilitation needs (primarily hand function) of people who sustained a brain injury caused by a stroke or accident and were left with an impaired ability to use their hands.
Our approach is function oriented: we ask the clients to identify exactly want it is they want to achieve most (for example sign a document, hold a coffee mug, play the guitar etc.), and then set a protocol that targets that one particular single function. As the client gets better at that one task, skills gained there are transferred to other functional tasks. For example, if one user can now hold a pen, they can use this newly-recovered skill to, say, hold a toothbrush.
“We want everyone who has used our MyHandTM device to say: IRegained!”
Neuro Rehabilitation of the hand to improve function and quality of life
Virtual rehabilitation environments and games to facilitate hand function training
To enhance accessibility to all our clients irrespective of where they live
To provide greater customization of hand function training (Next Gen)
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS IREGAINED PROCESS?
This process will involve:
- Initial clinician assessment to determine general health status and hand function ability.
- Identifying a patient’s initial goal, in consultation with the clinician.
- Establishing a set of hand training exercise regimens specific to the patient.
- Identifying immediate, short-term and long-term goals.
- Creating a structured exercise program for the patient, with a follow-up plan
WHEN MIGHT I BE ABLE TO USE THIS DEVICE IN A CLINIC?
IRegained is working at producing the commercial version of our system and anticipates that we will be shipping systems in Q3 of 2020
HOW DOES IREGAINED ACHIEVE A PATIENTS GOAL?
To attain the patient’s goal:
- Fundamental components for each segment are identified.
- Methodology for each segment will focus on processes that promote greater neuroplasticity (meaning that the brain will improve its capacity to rewire itself and to generate new neural pathways to replace those damaged by a stroke or brain injury).
- The MyHandTM device physical parameters (e.g. height, arm / wrist support etc.) are adjusted to suit patient needs and comfort.
- Appropriate feedback systems are put in place.
- We have leveraged an extensive understanding of neuroplasticity and post stroke or traumatic brain injury to develop and validate 16 distinct hand function protocols targeting various hand functions and associated activities of daily living (ADL)
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A PATIENT WORKS WITH A CLINICIAN WHO USES A MyHand DEVICE?
A patient in their first meeting with the clinician (physiotherapist or occupational therapist), will identify their specific goal based on the provided list.
The clinician will then perform a detailed assessment of current hand abilities and function.
Based on the identified goal, the clinician will prescribe the appropriate exercises built into each MyHand device, to help with the hand training process to ensure patients reach their goal
WHAT CLINICS WILL BE OFFERING THIS DEVICE?
Please check out the “Clinics offering therapy using MyHand” webpage from time to time; we will be posting the names and contact info of the physiotherapy clinics that will be offering rehabilitation services using our system.
WHAT IS NEUROPLASTICITY?
This natural phenomenon of the brain to reorganize itself, extends to both individuals who are healthy and for those who have sustained an injury to the brain. If and when there is damage to one or more parts of the brain, due to stroke or trauma, the affected brain cells die and unlike other cells in the body cannot regrow. The good news however, is that, appropriate training methods can enable other nearby brain cells to start learning the new function, which the dead cells used to perform. This is achieved by creating new synaptic connections (or new connections between the existing brain cells), and thereby creating alternative neural pathways, which then can enable the performing of the function(s) that was lost as a result of stroke or trauma. The recovery of the lost function can be complete or partial depending on the extent of damage sustained by the brain.
An infomercial from IRegained on their product MyHandTM
YOUR RECOVERY IS IN YOUR HANDS